Saturday 2 March 2013

Language analysis of final product


Front cover -
The photo used on my front cover is a medium close-up. I felt that a medium close up was appropriate due to the fact that it is a common convention in music magazines as it uses up enough of the magazine front page without making it look clustered or empty. Furthermore, I used direct mode of address with the image, this draws the audience in and connects them with the artist. The masthead clearly reflects the genre of my music magazine as the acoustic style and instruments are characteristics of the country music genre. It also stands out as the black colour contrasts with the blue sky in my background. I used a variety of fonts to ensure that each of my features as well as my headline stand out individually. I chose the colours blue, black and red for my text colour as it contrasts with the main image and takes inspiration from it which is a key convention in music magazines in making it look consistent.
 
Contents page -
The images on my contents page definitely reflect the genre of my magazine. Especially though the scenic background and the use of instruments like guitars. The font and the background are the same as my front cover which provides some continuity within the front cover and contents page. Again my font stick with the key conventions and is readable. The colours of the font I have used on my front cover is either green, light red, or white. All of these colours reflect my genre in terms of nature and scenery  It also leans slightly more towards a female audience due to obvious reasons, which shows why females are my main target audience, but it may appeal to men also. I chose to use different coloured fonts because it makes my contents page more variety and diversity.

Double page spread -
The image used in my double page spread is similar to the image on the front cover. Although this was taken on location while the front cover image was taken in a studio, they both share the scenic backgrounds which makes my magazine consistent. The large title of the article 'We'll always have Summer" was created with a variety of different styles. I mainly took inspiration from a Q double page spread featuring Florence Welch. I wanted to make part of hit fill up the full 2 pages. So I did this with the "We'll" and put the other parts in different places and fonts. I feel that this was one of my strongest creations in my final products. The colours that I used i had to again be inspired by the main image so I used the red colour of model's shoes for the main colour. However I did stay consistent with the rest of my magazine by using a hint of the light blue colour in the page numbers as this is the main colour in my whole magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment