Monday 15 October 2012

LIIAR Analysis of Final front page


Language:
The photograph that I used in this cover is a medium close up. The only connotations I aimed for it to give was the happiness of the model, this gives the impression that the college is a very good and fun place and it will convince more people to attend the college while still being appealing. I also took inspiration in ways from the Florence Welch cover I studied earlier as I thought those techniques were effective. I decided to choose a model that had fiery red hair like Florence. I took this inspiration as I thought the fiery red hair gives the image more impact and stands out a lot more. I also used the same technique by putting blue eye shadow around the model’s eyes to make them the focus of the image like in the Florence cover. I feel like the eyes are an important feature to highlight as they make a connection to the reader with the use of direct mode of address. I also made the masthead stand out by using a unique font and using the colour of blue for it. I chose this colour as it matched the colour of the model’s eyes and I felt that connection was important.

Institution:
- Unable to analyse due to the fact that I created the front page.

Ideology:
The only values I feel that my front page communicates is the need for escapism. As the image and the background is ascetically beautiful. This may make the reader want to come or “escape” to this college due to the visuals of this image. The happy-looking model also supports this value. My magazine isn’t very mainstream as it doesn’t appeal to everyone due to the fact that it is a college magazine and only for college students.

Audience:
My target audience is primarily college students. I feel that front page appeals to them, especially the people who aspire to go to college will be persuaded to attend this certain college. This gives it a very professional yet fun feel which will appeal to the college students of my target audience.

Representation:
My magazine front page aims to represent the college in a positive way as it will convince more people to come to this college, and I feel that my front page successfully does this due to the fact that the model seems happy and is in an aesthetically nice and beautiful area, these techniques are effective in the representation in teenagers also.

No comments:

Post a Comment